What are storage bins and wardrobe boxes?
Storage bins and wardrobe boxes are sturdy, plastic containers that we offer to meet your storage needs for small items and clothing. They stack well and secure nicely, and are better than your average storage box.
Wardrobe boxes are durable storage boxes built to hang your clothes, suits, shirts, coats, etc. Weight limit is up to 75lbs. If you live in a walk up, please note that they can only be delivered to your ground floor.
Can I use my own boxes and containers?
Yes, you can use almost any type of sturdy cardboard or plastic container that fully covers and protects your items as a storage box. We do require that all small, non-furniture items be boxed.
What if my items will not fit in a storage box or bin?
We understand that there are some items that cannot be put into a storage box or bin, and we can take those items as is, such as:
- Golf clubs
- Window A/C units (must be drained and dry for pick-up)
- Area rugs, large and small
- Couches and big furniture
- Mirrors or all-glass objects (no antiques)
Do you store large items such as furniture, rugs or lamps?
Yes. Furniture pick-up and drop-off appointments are scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis. For a quote, please have a full list of what you wish to store and contact us.
Do you provide packing supplies?
Yes, we can supply packing materials such as bubble wrap and white paper at your request for the items you place in storage bins and boxes for their safety.
Will you pack my stuff?
Unfortunately we’re not allowed to pack storage boxes and bins on your behalf. We will, however, wrap your furniture to prevent damage to anything we’re picking up.
Will you wait while I pack my storage boxes?
Upon request our movers will wait for up to 20 minutes while you pack a small number of your storage boxes or bins, but not furniture. If you need a bit more time, please schedule a pick-up appointment any time.
How do I know how many Stashable storage bins I need?
Our storage bins are 27” long x 15” wide x 12” high, and can hold approximately 50 lightweight shirts or 10-12 pairs of sneakers. The weight limit per bin is 50lbs.
If you’d like to store heavier items such as books, please spread them across several bins to avoid exceeding 50lbs.
How do I know how many Stashable wardrobe boxes I need?
A wardrobe box is 4’ tall x 2’ wide x 2’ deep, can hold up to 15 men’s shirts, or 20 cocktail dresses, or 10-12 winter coats. Weight limit is up to 75lbs.
How do I prepare for my pick-up appointment?
Here are some packing and storage tips to help you prepare for your pick-up:
- Disassemble your furniture. It's best to get this done before your pick-up if you can. In certain locations, we can disassemble furniture for you, but it will add to your labor costs.
- Pack related items together (such as your winter sweaters, or your scuba gear) so that you can have an easier time getting your stuff delivered when you want it.
- Make sure your notes and labels on the outside of the box make sense to you. This is especially important if you are storing a lot of boxes that look similar.
- We recommend labeling each Stashable storage bin and wardrobe box and matching it to the Stashable barcode (i.e. Barcode #W0001 – Stacy’s Shoes).
- There are two locks for each storage bin or wardrobe box. On top of your storage bin, thread the lock through each hole located at both ends. Feed the white tail of the lock through the yellow serial number side and pull tightly to lock. You may record the lock for your security purposes only – they are not used to locate or identify your items in any way.